We value and appreciate taking care of your vehicle all year long, however, the changes in seasons can create such a different driving environment that it becomes necessary to inspect and be certain your car is ready for whatever the weather throws at you! Here’s just a few items that are of concern whenever the weather changes…
- Heating/AC/Climate Control: We all want to be comfortable when riding in our vehicle, so making sure this system has what it needs to keep you warm or cool is essential. First, we’ll do a physical inspection, looking for any sign of leaks or faulty connections. No matter what we find, we’ll make the necessary adjustments and repairs, if any, to keep your family cool as a cucumber, or warm as toast!
- Braking System: Brakes will always work best when they, your tires, and the road surface are all warm and dry. Any time they are subjected to rain, ice, snow, or mud, they will not be able to give you the same braking power you would have if it was dry. Therefore, it’s important to know what condition your brakes are in at the start of each season.
- Tires: There’s a “patch” of rubber on your tires that is the ONLY contact your vehicle has with the road surface. It’s relatively small (about eighteen square inches), so you want it to have as much grip as possible. We’ll check for proper pressure, and check your tread depth. We’ll also look for unusual wear, which can be an indicator of worn steering parts or bad alignment.
- Engine Tune: You want your vehicle to start and run properly whenever you get in and hit the start button. Your battery, spark plugs, ignition system and Engine Control Module (ECM) undergo wear as time goes by. We’ll check it all out, including trouble codes and any other performance or fuel mileage issues we might find.
- Fluid and Filters: Your fluids break down over time and use. Engine oil gets dirty; coolant loses its ability to fight corrosion, and even brake fluid can “wear out” once it gets exposed to water or leaks. Using your manufacturer’s maintenance schedule as a guide, we’ll change your fluid and replace any needed filters.
A regular maintenance schedule is the best way to keep your vehicle in top running condition. Come in and see us, or call us for an appointment and we’ll answer any questions you might have. We look forward to serving you soon!